These superlative CB Radio products were undisputed leaders with unmatched state of the art CB Radio PCB’s with advanced specifications.
The CPI CP2000 CB Radio Base Station console was an elegant and impressive looking CB radio that backed up the immaculate presentation with superlative operating characteristics that ensured an enjoyable operating experience on the 27MHz citizens band. No matter what mode of operation you chose, the CPI CP2000 CB Base astounded you with its incredibly sensitive receiver and more importantly at the time of the hight of the CB radio hobby, the selectivity of 80 db down to adjacent channel interference.
This was the CB Base radio you wanted when your “good buddy” down the road had a “peaked and tuned” Cobra with a power microphone ratchet jawing to the world what seemed like all day and night long.
Ahh those were the days, you turned on the CB on any channel and mode and immediately heard other CBers from three states across covering up your CB buddy from across town!
In Australia we could hear S9 signals from all over the USA on most channels and seemed to be able to work many of them on the standard 12W SSB AND 4W AM!!
It was a crazy time and if you were not on the CB Radio those few years I really hope it comes on like that again some miraculous time in the future, as its a blast!
As I was using my well tuned CPI CP2000 Base Station and CPI BC2000 Base Console with frequency counter into the freeband on a Swiss Quad directional antenna, I worked all USA States over a short period of time.
With the MRF CB Final Transistors in the CPI CP2000 Base tuned to max clean power of 40W PEP on SSB going into the LEGAL (No Parasitic Elements) HB9 Swiss Quad that is good for at least 10 dbi in the one direction with great F/B, I tromped on most others at the time before there were CB linears coming into play.
Then I got the CPI HF150, woohoo…
More soon..See more on CPI CP2000 Click HERE
* Manual RF gain control with automatic override.
Uses a PIN diode attenuator for unequalled strong signal performance.
* Highly stable (–10OHz) crystal oscil- lators deliver superior single-sideband and AM performance.
* Advanced receive RF pre-amp gives optimum db boost with exceptional low 1.5db noise figure.
Same as the CP I “RANGE PLUS” preamp which sells for $59-95.
* High-power JFET mixer virtually wipes out cross/inter modulation (-85db).
* Full-range clarifier (-1.5 KHz) for spot- on SSB tuning.
* 8-pole crystal filter (-80db adjacent channel rejection) on both AM and SSB is an unequalled industry first.
* Automatic noise limiter (ANL) can be switched in or out.
* Exclusive CPI tuned RF type noise blanker is a built-in standard, not an 1. extra”.
* Total solid-state switching-no relays.
* Wide response 3″ x 5″ speaker with ceramic magnet puts out crisp, clear audio.
* Separate peak RF output and VSWR meters on transmit. Signal strength on receive.
* Built-in logarithmic speech compressor provides super-strong average talk power with no flat-topping or illegal splattering (bleed over). Front panel microphone gain control allows easy setting to the desired amount of speech compression. Same as the famous CPI “TALK POWER” which sells separately for $69.95.
* Built-in FET microphone preamp.
* Heavy-duty output RF transistor is emitter ballasted to safely withstand infinitive VSWR.
Power amp module is removable for easy service.
* Transmitter Automatic Level Control (ALC) assures full modulation at varying speech levels.
* LED channel readout.
* External speaker and headphone out- put jacks.
* Tilt stand provides two front mounting levels.
* Total plug-in modular construction.
* Completely compatible with CPI BC-2000 Base Console.
* Base or mobile operation. Quick dis- connect power cables provided for both DC and AC operation.
Made in USA.
Freq. control: digital synthesizer (PLL).
Stability: .0005% over temp. range.
Lock time: less than one second.
Temperature range: -30C to +60 C.
Operating voltage: AC= 105-130 VAC, 60 Hz. DC= 13.6 VDC nom,
1 1.0 VDC min, 15.5 VDC max. Size- 15.75″ wide, 3.5″ high, 12.0″ deep
Transmitter RF Power Out- SSB: 12W PEP AM: 4W carrier
Spurious: Harmonic: -70db.
Other spurious: -70db, min. below. mean power.
Intermod: Third order: -30db.
Fifth order: -40db below mean power.
ALC: Range greater than 30db.
Mismatch Tolerance: Infinite VSWR at all phase angles.
Mic. Connector: Standard 4 pin type.
Receiver Receiver Type: Single conversion Sensitivity:
At +10db S+N/’N: SSB: 0.25uV (-119dbm). AM: 0.5uV (-l 13dbm).
Adjacent Channel Rejection: -80db.
Ultimate I-F rejection: -100db.
In-band Spurious: Greater than 70db down.
Image & I-F Rejection: -70db.
Cross Modulation: -85db.
Inter Modulation: -85db.
Clarifier Range: – 1.5 KHz.
Receiver Audio: Total harmonic distortion less than 3% at rated 4W audio out.
AGC: Less than l0db audio increase at inputs from l.OuV (-107dbm) to O.lV (-7dbm).
Schematic Electrical Diagrams are available for this product .